Driverless systems: sustainable urban mobility
Our versatile portfolio of INNOVIA fully automated driverless transit systems are the game-changing solution for smart mobility and efficient urban flow. This portfolio includes state-of-the-art automated metros, monorails and people movers.
These turnkey driverless systems deliver crucial benefits for operating authorities worldwide:
- reliable performance
- overall operating flexibility
- high passenger capacity
- low energy consumption and land use
Our INNOVIA driverless systems run on slender contemporary guideways that integrate seamlessly into different environments, including through buildings and airport structures.
Meeting the highest standards
Built to stringent urban transit, environmental and safety standards, our fully automated technologies move passengers quickly and comfortably.
One-stop global provider
At Bombardier, our extensive turnkey project management expertise adds significant value. Our multi-talented teams and experts are highly experienced in planning, designing and delivering turnkey projects on time and within budget.
Turnkey projects lower risk and mitigate against scope and budget creep. They also result in shorter implementation and a more reliable project delivery schedule
Our 40-year track record in efficiently managing customers’ systems is your guarantee of optimal fleet safety, availability, performance and reliability. We provide
- operations and maintenance (O&M)
- full training and start-up services
- technical support packages
- system expansions
- refurbishments and upgrades
- We’re a world leader in driverless medium-capacity metros, monorails and people movers for urban and airport applications.
- In 1971, we installed the world’s first driverless automated people mover (APM) at Tampa International Airport, Florida. We’ve maintained this fleet of vehicles ever since.
- More than 20 airports around the world currently use our driverless transit systems.
- In 2005, the largest APM contract ever awarded opened at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport in the United States. The Bombardier-built INNOVIA APM 200 features a 64-car fleet that operates on eight kilometres (five miles) of elevated guideway.
- We delivered the world’s longest fully automated driverless transit system, the two-lane SkyTrain in Vancouver, Canada, which runs for 49 kilometres (30 miles).
- The Expo Line, which opened in time for EXPO 1986, was the world’s first fully automated driverless system that used steel wheels on a steel rail.
- Our INNOVIA APM 100 transit system enables the Beijing Capital International Airport to move a large volume of passengers with low energy consumption. Around one million people used the airport’s APM system during the 2008 Summer Games.
- The Las Vegas Monorail is the first public transit system in the modern era totally funded by the private sector. We delivered the driverless INNOVIA Monorail system, which we now operate and maintain.
- With 54 seven-car trains, São Paulo’s new 24-kilometre Expresso Tiradentes Monorail mass transit system will halve the daily commuting time for thousands of residents, improving their quality of life.