Today Bombardier Inc. published its 2011 CSR Overview, entitled Connecting the Dots presenting an eight-page snapshot of the Company’s CSR activities over the past year.
Connecting the Dots reflects on a year in which Bombardier has done things differently and connected more dots to continue moving forward responsibly.
“If you’ve been following our CSR reporting regularly, you’ll notice that this year we’re doing things differently. Part of this process included taking a look at our CSR reporting to ensure that our stakeholders receive the most up-to-date and reliable CSR information,” said Pierre Beaudoin, President and Chief Executive Officer, Bombardier Inc.
“Until this year, we’ve issued a CSR Report every fall since 2008, a full seven months after our Annual Report. To address the issue of timeliness, this year we decided to align the publication of our CSR Report with our Annual Report in spring 2012,” continued Mr. Beaudoin.
In addition to its 2011 CSR Overview, Bombardier’s dedicated CSR website www.csr.bombardier.com, launched in 2010, features updated information, photos, videos and a new look and feel.
Highlights from fiscal 2011 included:
- Listing on the Dow Jones Sustainability World and Dow Jones Sustainability North America indexes for the fifth consecutive year
- Ranking among the 50 best Corporate Citizens in Canada in 2011 and #1 in the environment category according to Corporate Knights
- Implementing our new global talent management tool, BTALENT
- Establishing new supplier recognition programs at both Aerospace and Transportation
- Creating the Bombardier Green Fund, to elicit and leverage the best site-related initiatives submitted by employees to improve energy efficiency and overall environmental performance
A world-leading manufacturer of innovative transportation solutions, from commercial aircraft and business jets to rail transportation equipment, systems and services, Bombardier Inc. is a global corporation headquartered in Canada. Its revenues for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2011, were $17.7 billion, and its shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD). Bombardier is listed as an index component to the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America indexes. News and information are available at www.bombardier.com or follow us on Twitter @Bombardier.
Senior Director, Investor Relations