During its 2011 Strategic Suppliers Executive Meeting, Bombardier Aerospace proudly announced the results of its new Bombardier Achieving Supplier Excellence (BASE) recognition program, which acknowledges suppliers that support Bombardier’s strategy of delivering an amazing customer experience through superior performance. The suppliers that received an award distinguished themselves through their high quality, delivery and competitiveness standards in 2010.
The recipients are:
- A.E. Petsche Co. Inc., A.E. Petsche Canada, Kirkland, Québec, Canada
- B/E Aerospace Inc., Business Class and Main Cabin, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA
- Centra Industries Inc., Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
- Crissair Inc., Palmdale, California, USA
- Hamilton Sundstrand Corporation, Puerto Rico Electronics Operations, Puerto Rico
- Parker Hannifin Corporation, Electronic Systems Division, Smith Town, New York, USA
- Thales, Thales Avionics Electrical Systems, Chatou, France
- Triumph Group Inc., Triumph Structures, Los Angeles, City of Industry, California, USA
The ceremony, which took place at Bombardier Aerospace’s headquarters in Dorval, Québec, on April 11th, was attended by 47 suppliers, as well as Bombardier Aerospace executives, including Guy C. Hachey, President and Chief Operating Officer; Hélène V. Gagnon, Vice President, Public Affairs, Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility; and Janice Davis, Vice President and Chief Procurement Officer.
”A healthy relationship with our suppliers is fundamentally important,” said Ms. Davis. ”The philosophy of the BASE program is to evaluate our suppliers on fact-based standards using a transparent measurement methodology to ensure fairness and predictability. This award allows us to acknowledge our suppliers and emphasize their strategic contribution towards our efforts to provide an amazing customer experience.”
During the event, Bombardier also recognized four suppliers for their corporate social responsibility initiatives.
A world-leading manufacturer of innovative transportation solutions, from commercial aircraft and business jets to rail transportation equipment, systems and services, Bombardier Inc. is a global corporation headquartered in Canada. Its revenues for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2011, were $17.7 billion, and its shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD). Bombardier is listed as an index component to the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America indexes. News and information are available at www.bombardier.com or follow us on Twitter @BombardierInc.
Notes to Editors
- Photo: From left to right: Guy C. Hachey, President and Chief Operating Officer, Bombardier Aerospace; George Wasinsky, Regional Director of Business Development; Triumph Group Inc.; Ian Locke Vice President, International Sales, A.E. Petsche Co. Inc.; David McIntyre, President, Aerospace Customers & Business Development, Centra Industries; Alex Abramowitz, Director, Engineering and Marketing, Crissair Inc.; Rich Gucciardo, Regional Vice President, Business Aircraft, Parker Hanniï¬n Corporation; David Gitlin, President, Aerospace Customers & Business Development, Hamilton Sundstrand Corporation; Wayne Exton, Group Vice President and General Manager, Business Jet Segment, B/E Aerospace Inc.; Paul Kahn, President and Chief Executive Officer, Thales Canada Inc.; and Janice Davis, Vice President and Chief Procurement Officer, Bombardier Aerospace.
- Follow @Bombardier_Aero on Twitter to receive the latest news and updates from Bombardier Aerospace.
- To receive our press releases, please visit the Email Subscription and RSS Feed section.
+1 514 855 7989