- Enhanced role of corporate social responsibility in business strategy
- Achieved 10% reduction of greenhouse gas emissions between fiscal 2004 and 2009 and aims to reduce emissions by additional 10% by 2015
Today Bombardier Inc. released its second company-wide corporate social responsibility report entitled Moving Forward Responsibly. The report captures the company’s commitment to act responsibly as a public company, employer, neighbour and partner. It also details how corporate social responsibility is one of the top priorities of Our Way Forward, Bombardier’s corporate strategy.
“A sharper focus on corporate social responsibility augurs well for all of our stakeholders. It underscores our commitment to leverage our industry-leading innovation, talents, products and resources to increase our positive contribution to the communities where we are present around the world,” said Pierre Beaudoin, President and Chief Executive Officer, Bombardier Inc.
The report highlights recent achievements and details how Bombardier is laying the foundation to continuously improve its corporate social responsibility performance in the years to come. The report is organized into six sections, reflecting both stakeholder feedback and the areas where Bombardier has the greatest responsibilities: governance, employees, products, operations, suppliers and responsible citizenship.
To improve access and minimize its environmental footprint, Bombardier’s complete 2009 Corporate Social Responsibility Report is available exclusively online at www.bombardier.com/en/corporate/corporate-responsibility.
- Listing on the Dow Jones Sustainability World and Dow Jones Sustainability North America Indexes for the third consecutive year
- Ongoing and active promotion of the UN Global Compact’s principles of social responsibility and embedding of these principles in Bombardier’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Enhanced approach to health and safety to reach the objective of zero accidents and occupational illnesses
- Expansion of the ECO4 portfolio of breakthrough energy-saving rail solutions, which can reduce overall energy consumption by up to 50%
- Continued development of the environmentally focused CSeries aircraft program, which will contribute to the commercial aviation industry’s commitment to achieve carbon-neutral growth by 2020
- Recognition as one of the 10 Canadian Climate Disclosure Leaders in the Carbon Disclosure Project 2009 – Canada 200 Report
- Obtained commitment to respect Bombardier’s Supplier Code of Conduct from 83 suppliers in Aerospace and over 120 in Transportation to date
A world-leading manufacturer of innovative transportation solutions, from commercial aircraft and business jets to rail transportation equipment, systems and services, Bombardier Inc. is a global corporation headquartered in Canada. Its revenues for the fiscal year ended Jan. 31, 2009, were $19.7 billion US, and its shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD). Bombardier is listed as an index component to the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America indexes. News and information are available at www.bombardier.com.
CSeries and ECO4 are trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.
Senior Director, Investor Relations