Bombardier Aerospace proudly announced the results of its Bombardier Achieving Supplier Excellence (BASE) recognition program at its 7th Strategic Suppliers Executive Meeting (SSEM). The program acknowledges suppliers that support Bombardier’s strategy of delivering an amazing customer experience through superior performance. The suppliers that received an award distinguished themselves through their high quality, delivery and competitiveness standards in 2011.
The recipients of the 2nd edition of the BASE awards are the following supplier sites:
- B/E Aerospace Inc., Business Class and Main Cabin, Winston-Salem, USA
- Eaton Corporation, Aerospace Group, Jackson, USA
- GE Aviation, Lynn, USA
- Hamilton Sundstrand Corporation, Ratier-Figeac, Figeac, France
- Honeywell Aerospace
- Boyne City, USA (flight controls)
- Olathe, USA (avionics)
- Phoenix, USA (avionics)
- Redmond, USA (avionics)
- Renton, USA (avionics)
- Meggitt PLC, Meggitt Sensing Systems, San Juan Capistrano, USA
- Moog Inc., Moog Wolverhampton Ltd., Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
- Thales Group
- Thales Avionics Electrical Systems, Chatou, France
- Thales Canada Inc., Saint-Laurent, Canada
- Triumph Fabrications - San Diego, El Cajon, USA
The ceremony took place at Bombardier Aerospace’s headquarters in Dorval, Québec, on April 18 and was attended by 39 suppliers along with key Bombardier Aerospace executives, including Guy C. Hachey, President and Chief Operating Officer; Janice L. Davis, Vice President and Chief Procurement Officer; and Hélène V. Gagnon, Vice President, Public Affairs, Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility.
“We work in close collaboration with our suppliers,” said Ms. Davis. “The BASE program enables us to evaluate our suppliers on fact-based standards. These awards are our opportunity to recognize and congratulate our top performing suppliers and emphasize their strategic contribution towards providing an amazing customer experience. Our suppliers’ performance is a crucial part of our long-term success.”
During the event, Bombardier also recognized three suppliers for their corporate social responsibility initiatives.
A world-leading manufacturer of innovative transportation solutions, from commercial aircraft and business jets to rail transportation equipment, systems and services, Bombardier Inc. is a global corporation headquartered in Canada. Its revenues for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2011, were $18.3 billion, and its shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD). Bombardier is listed as an index component to the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America indexes. News and information are available at www.bombardier.com or follow us on Twitter @Bombardier.
Notes to Editors
- Photo: 2011 BASE award winners. Top row from left to right: Ronald Vuz, Triumph Fabrication – San Diego; Stuart Mullan, Eaton Corporation; Werner Lieberheer, B/E Aerospace Inc.; Janice L. Davis, Vice President and Chief Procurement Officer; Allen Paxson, GE Aviation; John Todd, Honeywell Aerospace. Bottom row from left to right: Guy C. Hachey, President and Chief Operating Office; Luke Durudofan, Meggit PLC; Paul Kahn, Thales Thales Avionics Electrical Systems; Michel Grenier, Thales Canada Inc ; Paul Otto, Moog Inc.; Thomas Saxe, Hamilton Sundstrand Corporation
- Follow @Bombardier_Aero on Twitter to receive the latest news and updates from Bombardier Aerospace.
- To receive our press releases, please visit the Email Subscription and RSS Feed section.
Bombardier is a trademark of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.
+1 514 855 7995