Health and safety performance
We are committed to providing transparent and precise information on how we are performing as a business.
The following table provides a brief summary of the indicators we track to measure our health and safety performance each year.
|Lost time incident rate 1||0.47||0.37||0.42||0.26||0.35|
|in North America||0.75||0.56||0.62||0.31||0.24|
|in other regions||0.38||0.11||0.48||0.30||0.38|
|Lost time severity rate 2 3||17.11||14.72||12||9||11|
|in North America||27.67||25.08||19||10||8|
|in other regions||3.92||8.82||2||6||1|
|Fatalities (employees and contractors) 4||-||2||-||1||1|
|Incident rate 5||0.97||1.1||1.3||1.6||1.7|
|in North America||1.56||1.8||2.1||2.5||2.5|
|in other regions||0.51||0.3||0.8||0.4||1.1|
|Workforce represented in formal joint management-worker health and safety committees (%)||91.2%||91.4%||92.3%||82.9%||82.4%|
- 1. Accident Frequency indicator name changed to Lost time incident Rate in 2019
- 2. Changed definition of indicator in 2019: Lost Time incident rate measures the number of incidents resulting in lost time, expressed per 200,000 hours worked.
- 3. Lost time severity rate measures the severity of incidents resulting in lost time expressed per 200,000 hours worked.
- 4. No fatalities in 2019.
- 5. Incident Rate measures the total number of recordable incidents (lost time, restricted duty and medical treatments) excluding near misses, expressed per 200,000 hours worked.